Monday, October 28, 2013

And Then There Was One

I walk out the door seemingly unfazed by what I saw.

At least I want to be unfazed.

The image

Memory...it flashes and flashes again and again in my head.

A film of my life up to this point.

My room...my face left untouched, while everything else lies in complete ruin.

The blaring horn of a passing semi, brings me back to reality and back into my lane. I don't think now is the time to be thinking about this.

The nice thing about towns like this is not much changes. After 15 years everything is as it was, some businesses closed but the main drag was still alive as it ever was...if I could even call it alive.

The market has the essentials, always has, it was everything else that may have been in short supply. Odd to me too since most people around here made their own essentials. I remembered at some points having a cow or two...

My mind keeps going back to the picture.

I don't understand.

I had read an essay once

By Roland Barthe.

He said that only a reader could extract meaning from a text.

Since I knew Dad wouldn't tell me why

I was gonna have to figure it out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment